Friday, November 20, 2009

Photography highlight of the week, week 1

This weeks photography highlight for me was using the Toyo 5x4 large format camera for my DISP unit. The theme for this unit is incongruous ( something out of place ). I hope I spelled it right... So basicly it´s a photoshop unit. Which is good, because I´m not that good with photoshop.

To get an idea of what I´m trying to explain, look at Philip Toledano´s website for some examples.
My idea for this unit was to photograph a landscape of the beach, where a statue of the egyptian goddess Isis has washed into shore and people taking photographs of it. Fairly simple idea, but then again I like simple images.
I really enjoyed using the camera on location at the beach, it slowed down the actual process of taking photographs and made me look at the landscape I was working with and think about what I was doing, instead of just snapping away with my digital camera.
I´ll post some photos as I start working on this project next week.

Another highlight this week for me was using my Mamiya 7 again. I took a couple of photos of my housemates as they were going out. I haven´t used Kodak Portra 800nc before and I have to say that I was very pleased with the results. More photos on my flickr site.



No comments: