Saturday, December 25, 2010

friday

Been in Finland for the last two weeks now for christmas and I have to say it's been too cold to do anything (almost -30 celsius every day) outside, which means I haven't even began working on my new uni project. Good times... But I do have another two weeks to shoot a project, if I can only figure out what it's going to be, hah!
Anyways, I got pretty bored of sitting at home and watching re-runs on tv, so I decided to book a studio for a day from jopka and since I'm a member I get it for 5 euro a day. sweet deal I think. The studio was okay, maybe a bit too low to shoot full body portraits and two lights didn't work as well, but I can't really complain at all. It was only 5 euro after all..
I haven't been shooting in a studio for ages and decided to shoot some portraits of my mate Eetu.
The lighting is far from perfect, but I still I kind of liked this one. It was really nice to shoot in a studio, I'm definitely going to start shooting more again. Shot this with my canon 5d and 85mm f/1.8 lens, ISO 100, 1/125 f/8.
I also shot some 4x5 portraits as well with my Graflex, since I got a custom made sync cable made for it from US, so I can use my Elinchrom skyports with it . The polaroids looked sweet, so I hope they come out good.
Got the studio again for next tuesday. I'm shooting portraits for a band called ROE, can't wait!

1 comment:

Joonas Mikola said...

mistähän kaukaa oot menny hommaan piuhan ja millasen? itellä sattuu myös oleen elinchromen skyportit ja muistan et ongelma oli 3.5mm plugin kanssa. kävin jossai sähköliikkeessä teettämässä simppelin adapterin minkä kolvaaminen makso varmaan 3e ja siitä lähtien on kaikki toiminu elinchromen orjien osalta kaikissa kameroissa ongelmitta.

kirjotin sulle täs joskus myös sähköpostiaki, vink vink.

j