Wednesday, December 29, 2010

wednesday

I've been really stressed out for a few weeks now, because my uni project kind of fell through. I got permission to shoot it, but it's not going to happen until early spring which is not good at all and I don't have clue I'm going to do next.
Today I felt like I needed to get out of my parents house and just do something, so I went to our grandparents house to take a few photos.
My grandfather has passed away and my grandmother is now living in a nursing home and I don't know what's going to happen with their apartment. It felt really weird to go inside, almost like time had stopped inside.


Since my grandfather passed away almost 5 years ago, my grandmother had two phones in the house, just in case if she fell down, so there would be a phone close by to call help with. This phone was still in the same place where it has been for years now.

This radio brings back memories from my grandparents old house, where I used to live when I was born 30 years ago. I remember my grandmother listening to this radio and smoking cigarettes in the kitchen when I was a kid.




Photograph of my mother (left) and her sister (right) when they graduated at the age of 18 or 19. My mother was pregnant when this photograph was taken.

I think I'm going back tomorrow as well and take some more photographs. Could even make this into a personal project. I just hope there's enough light tomorrow, because I don't want to use a tripod again.

No comments: