Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I thought that I would post one more photo from my Helsinki Rescue Department project I did two years ago.
This was one of the first jobs the crew had on the day. It was a couple in east Helsinki, both 60 years old and the husband had an heart attack. It took me while to go inside the flat and start taking photos.
I was standing outside, out of breath after running up five floors and I began thinking, can I really do this?
I have never seen a dead body before and this couple some how reminded me of my parents and there was a chance that the husband would die. But I thought, if I don't document this, no one will. I have to do this, now!
Somehow after 45 minutes of recovery measures, the crew managed to save his life and took him to hospital. I wonder how he is doing now?

No comments: